SLA Industries 2nd Edition
SLA Industries is a role-playing game of urban horror, set in The World of Progress; a vast world of ruin and decay. At the very heart of this world lies Mort City, a false beacon of hope upon an otherwise dystopian planet. Under the skin of this sprawling city are the Operatives of SLA Industries. These agents, investigators and trained soldiers do the company’s dirty work, cleaning the streets of serial killers, cultists and Carrien vermin, whilst being sure to make the right impression for the cameras.
SLA Industries is a world that never stops raining, where the horrific has become a reality and where the truth does more damage than the bullets.
We would like to share with you the front cover of our next publication – the 2nd Edition core rules for SLA Industries, 26 years after the games original release.
Here are some important facts about this new edition…
- SLA Industries 2nd Edition features a brand new rules system (the S5S system), which after 9 months of development has been through rigorous playtesting to bring a modern, streamlined and cinematic gaming experience to The World of Progress. The 2nd Edition system has a strong focus on quick flowing action and narrative-driven game play, providing GMs with a tool kit with which to keep games moving while the cameras are rolling. A stripped down ‘lite’ version of the system is now available as a Quickstart PDF document on DriveThruRPG.
- SLA Industries 2nd Edition will contain the definitive overview of Mort, covering the different areas of the city, as well as the wider geography of the planet. In addition, a concise insight to the company, important figureheads, rivals, hardware and the various races of Mort, old and new, are all included in detail.
- On its release, a conversion document for both SLA Industries: Cannibal Sector 1 and Hunter Sheets Issue 2 will be made available, allowing the rules and stats within those books to be used with the new 2nd Edition system.
- Nightfall Games is committed to creating a refined play experience that takes place in an interesting and well defined world. To enable us to do this, the 2nd Edition core book, as well as all subsequent releases will be capped on size. The scale of creating a book the size of SLA Industries: Cannibal Sector 1 is hugely resource intensive and whilst it allows for a huge amount of content, it reduces the production schedule to a halt. By ensuring future publications are circa 200 pages, we are able to expand and explore The World of Progress without leaving lengthy gaps between releases. Nightfall Games already has a number additional ‘chapters’ or sourcebooks planned for 2nd Edition, which will drill down further into concepts and information discussed in the new core book.
- As with SLA Industries: Cannibal Sector 1, the 2nd Edition core book will be a full colour publication, packed with glorious artwork from Dave Allsop and a number of other talented artists. Almost half of the book is already completed and we’re fast moving towards completion.
By kickstarting this new core book we have have been able to bring onboard regular SLA Industries artists such as Jon Hodgson and Clint Langley, as well as a number of new names.
This is a very exciting time for SLA Industries and we hope this will be the beginning of a new era for the world of progress.
Sign up here to receive the Nightfall Games newsletter about all our products and upcoming projects: